is a patented, highly efficient, low mass, modular radiant underlayment system
designed for use with hydronic radiant heating systems. The ThermalBoard system is comprised
of three grooved 5/8" thick aluminum clad wood composite panels that are ready to accommodate
3/8" PEX tubing. Immediately before application of finished flooring goods, ThermalBoard is
glued then screwed (or stapled) to a standard subfloor in a pattern to accommodate a tubing
layout for a particular space. Finished flooring goods may then be applied over the ThermalBoard
- Superior Responsiveness - ThermalBoard is many times more responsive
than a cementatious thermal mass, thus providing quick heat up, avoidance of over heating
and greater zone control.
- Efficiency - With low mass and a super conductive aluminum surface,
ThermalBoard can operate at lower temperatures than conventional cementatious thermal mass
assemblies, thus providing greater system efficiency.
- Low Profile - ThermalBoard has a very small profile making it ideal
for retrofit or remodeling applications.
- Lightweight - ThermalBoard is very lightweight, which can be a
significant factor in raised floor spanning calculations.
- Green Product - ThermalBoard is constructed on non-virgin wood, and is
- Conventional Construction - ThermalBoard is installed within the natural
flow of a construction projecting using conventional practices and conventional tools.
- Scheduling - ThermalBoard can be stored on site in a dry place for
immediate installation, rather than scheduling for a gypsum/concrete sub contractor.